Our objectives are to promote the art and craft of facet cutting and the study of materials and techniques relative to gemstones. Also to encourage interaction and communication with other like-minded people worldwide. This we do by:
- Providing assistance and mentoring to beginners by means of our mentoring scheme and training manual.
- Disseminating information about aspects of gem design, faceting techniques, machinery and gemology through our quarterly magazine.
- Attending gem shows throughout the UK, demonstrating the craft to the general public.
- Operating a continuous assessment scheme whereby members may submit gems for constructive comment and marking by internationally qualified judges.
- Organising two competitions per year; one The Regular, for members who have not yet achieved their Advanced Cutter award and a more challenging competition for members who are already Advanced Cutter, although this competition is called The Open, meaning any member may enter it.